We continue to ignite the race for the open District One County Commission seat in Hillsborough County with our message of economic growth and efficient government to lay the foundation for our community’s incredible future. We have met so many new friends and neighbors through the campaign, and I am as passionate as ever about the place I call home.
This is OUR campaign, so I wanted to pause to share with you some great news about the level of support we are receiving, and to make sure you know how grateful I am.
First, thank you for the financial support you have given to the campaign. Because of your support, our campaign leads the field in total fundraising to date.
It’s not just the amount of fundraising that has been so humbling. We have received support in many ways from the region’s most respected elected officials and business and community leaders . I am inspired to have the support of a diverse mix of people who dedicate their lives to making Hillsborough County and Florida great.
Current and former Hillsborough and other Florida elected leaders who have already financially supported our campaign:
- Chad Chronister, Hillsborough County Sheriff
- Joe Wicker, candidate for Hillsborough-County based Florida House District 59
- Kathleen Peters, Florida State Representative
- Joe Gruters, Florida State Representative
- Nick Deciglie , Chairman, Republican Party of Pinellas County
- Matt Gaetz, Congressman
Business and community leaders who have financially supported our campaign in their individual capacity include (by name and business or other entity with which they are associated):
- Steve Bernstein, Chair, Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce
- Jeb Bush, Jr.
- Blake Casper, Caspers Company
- Ron Christaldi, Past Chair, Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce
- Nicole DeBartolo, DeBartolo Holdings, LLC
- Robert Elder, Elder Automotive Group
- James Ferman, Ferman Automotive Management
- Nick Friedman, College Hunks Hauling Junk
- Gordon Gillette, former CEO, TECO Energy
- Richard Gonzmart, Columbia Restaurant
- Bob Gries, Gries Investment Funds
- Kevin Hourigan, Bayshore Solutions
- Leonard Johnson, Board of Trustees, University of Florida
- David Laxer, Bern’s Steakhouse
- Stan Levy, Board of Trustees, University of South Florida
- Carl Lindell, Lindell Investments, Inc., Port Tampa Bay Governing Board
- Dr. Alan List, Moffit Cancer Center
- Ian MacKechnie, AMSCOT Financial
- Allen Martin, Atlantic Merchant Capital Investors, LLC
- Gene McNichols, McNichols Company
- Paresh Patel, HCI Group, Inc.
- Steve Raymund, former chairman, Tech Data Corporation
- Kelly Rogers, Reeves Import Motorcars
- Jack Ross, StemRad
- William J. Schifino, Jr., past-president, Florida Bar
- Brent Sembler, The Sembler Company
- Ambassador Mel Sembler
- Vivek Seth, Raymond James
- Dipa Shah, Chair of Hillsborough Community College Board of Trustees
- Chris Sullivan, Co-Founder of Outback Steakhouse
- Tom Wallace, Florida Funders
- Joseph Williams, Kimmins Contracting
- Andrew Wright, Franklin Street
This is just the beginning. Our campaign has set a positive tone, because we believe in a positive future for Hillsborough County and the people and families who live here. Let’s take just a moment to celebrate our success, and then get back to work on the campaign trail!
Yours in gratitude,